directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Directory project releases II
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:18:16 GMT
Quoting Phil Steitz <phil@steitz.com>:

> Any additional comments on the tarballs that I have up now
> <http://www.apache.org/~psteitz/naming> would be appreciated.

Looking really good!

I assume you still had to add the ant build, as that isn't in there.

The docs in the binary have some links to /seda/, etc, which should probably be
made absolute in navigation.xml.

Not anything specifically to do with the release, but something that just
occurred to me. The subdirectory structure in the source bundle is confusing
(and likewise in SVN).

Directories like "config", "java" and "resources" don't strike me as
subprojects. Is it worth renaming them to naming-config, naming-java,
naming-resources, etc? I usually prefer that way anyway, but in this particular
example I think it is especially important.

Cheers,
Brett