directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [naming] release bundle
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2004 06:30:07 GMT
> I have put a candidate release bundle up at
> http://www.apache.org/~psteitz/naming/

I think that it is important to get review and buy-in from Tomcat, since
this package came originally from there, and we would like to see them using
it in future releases of Tomcat.  We also want to get Geronimo and others to
review and look at integration.

Looking at the package, I am wondering if the binary package shouldn't have
a demo program included to show people how to use it.  Between the test code
and
http://incubator.apache.org/directory/subprojects/directory-naming/using.htm
l, developers should see how to integrate it, as least the basics, into
their own applications, but I'd like to really make things easy for them.

	--- Noel