directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Serialization into LDAP
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:23:03 GMT
> EJB uses JNDI to bind the Home interfaces to known locations.

JNDI, sure.  But not LDAP.  CosNaming.  Which is why we should add support
when we can.

As an aside, one of the areas that needs considerable work, and should be
more in naming than in Eve (server), is client side code.  Eve should no
more have to deal with the Java or CORBA objects in LDAP RFCs than OpenLDAP.
Those are really client side issues.  CosNaming, though, is something we'll
want to add protocol and namespace support for handling.  Contributions
welcomed.

	--- Noel