directory-dev mailing list archives

From Robert M.Zigweid <rzigw...@zigweid.net>
Subject Re: [naming] svn keyword expansion
Date Sat, 25 Dec 2004 11:25:52 GMT

On Dec 24, 2004, at 6:08 PM, Phil Steitz wrote:

> Thanks! See interspersed.
>
> Robert M.Zigweid wrote:
>> Firstly, on recent versions of SVN, Rev is a legitimate alias of
>> LastChangedRevision (or similar), as is Revision.
>
> That's what the docs say, but $Revision$ is not being expanded.  When
> I do "svn propget svn:keywords" on individual source files, I get just
> "Rev" as the response. I get an empty response for directories or
> non-java files.  Could be someone executed the propset below with just
> "Rev" included?
Quite possibly.  I've never tried putting more than one form of the
keyword in ;)

>> Secondly, it won't matter if the keyword is attached to directories.
>> Thirdly, you don't want it to just apply to .java files anyway,
>> usually, though that technique would work for just hitting those
>> files.
>
> I agree, but those are the only files in [naming] that include the
> keywords that need to be expanded.
I disagree, the maven xdoc xml's should have them in comments too I
think, as well as any static html or text files.   This is just my
opinion of course.  I tend to paint most all of my text-based files
with it.

> Thanks for the info.
Glad to help.  I'm sure I'll become more annoying soon ;) *grin*

> Phil

[snip]

--
Robert M. Zigweid                           rzigweid@zigweid.net