directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Tencé, Vincent" <vte...@optimuminformatique.com>
Subject [Janus] Demo Application
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:00:00 GMT
Hi all,

I've managed to put a web based example application into svn to include in
the release. It demonstrates using the framework with username-password
authentication and role-based access control, with security information
stored in XML files. The application itself is written using NanoWeb with
groovy actions and Velocity views (see
http://nanocontainer.codehaus.org/NanoWar+NanoWeb).

It's an *extremely* simple online-shopping application that assigns a
maximum purchase amount to customers based on their roles. 3 users are
registered:
* anonymous can buy nothing. No password
* alex can buy up to 25$. Password is bar
* vincent can buy up to 100$ (Yeah!). Password is foo

The application is located under janus/trunk/example. You'll need to build
the whole set of janus artifacts to use it. You can do that by issuing a
maven build-all from the janus/trunk dir. Get the war from example/target
and drop it in your favorite web container (I've only tested it with Tomcat
5.0.28).

Then point your browser to http://localhost:8080/janus-example (or whatever
your port is)

- Vincent