directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Complete JavaDoc is ready.
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:26:43 GMT
Hi.

> It really looks nice at this moment, but I don't know if it is fully
> synchronized with sources (for example
> org.apache.directory.mina.registry.TransportType doesn't exist in
> source repository but it is still in JavaDoc), but this is probably
> because of not executed build which is already scheduled.

It seems like that you didn't flush your browser cache.  Could you
flush and retry?

> I got other question - why MINA doesn't depend on Protocol interfaces?
> Yesterday Alex wrote that Protocol is going to be common API for both
> MINA and sedang frameworks. Protocol (currently 1.0.0-rc1) seems to be
> quite stable at the moment so is this fit scheduled for later
> releases?

I need to talk with Berin, but I could not contact him these days.  I
want to implement Protocol API after inspecting it carefully with him.

> Other one - do you have already concept how to organize VM transport in MINA?

No, not yet.  VM transport type is removed for now.  The 'VM
transport' idea is came out from my brain, but I'm not sure users will
actually need that feature.  They could just use other frameworks like
Spring and PicoContainer.  I want to know how users think about VM
transport.

> Anyway, I played a little with MINA yesterday, it works well and
> thanks to examples it's quite easy to catch major concept and
> implement custom protocol, I would like to go some deeper, could you
> give some links to external resources that describe approach you took
> (if there are any besides of
> http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/doc/pspdfs/lf.pdf)?

Its main idea came from Netty: http://gleamynode.net/dev/projects/netty2/
You can safely think Netty as a grandmother of MINA.  I developed MINA
from scratch with lessons earned from Netty.

Thank you for showing your interest in MINA, and please feel free to
pointing out her weakness!

Regards,
Trustin Lee
http://gleamynode.net/