directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kerberos seda question
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:37:12 GMT
Hi,

> TCP still doesn't work, though the fix is pretty straightforward, but I
> a have a question about the best way to implement it.  TCP payloads are
> prepended with the 4-byte total length of the PDU.  This isn't on the
> UDP payload, so it goes through snickers just fine.  It is there in TCP,
> but I don't really care about it, and the result is decoding breaks in
> snickers.

It is really strange.  SEDA doesn't prepend the length of PDU.  At
least one module must be adding it.  I think Alex could help us here.

> (a) where should I strip that value prior to decoding?  Is it really the
> responsibility of a protocol implementor?  What is the LDAP protocol
> doing (I'll look tomorrow aka later today)?

You could strip that four bytes in KerberosDecoder before passing the
bytebuffer to TupleTreeDecoder.

> (b) how can I tell whether to strip?  Is there a way to tell if a BB
> came in on TCP vs UDP?

There is not way to distinguish them.  You'll have to compare the
stripped and unstripped version.  It might be not so easy to do, so
we'd better find who is adding that 4 bytes header.

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/