directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject [mina] ProtocolHandler interface
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:22:46 GMT
Hi.

I admit I am very accustomed with Netty-like session handler
interface, but the entry users like Alex and other persons would not
feel so familiar with it:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/network/trunk/mina/src/java/org/apache/mina/protocol/ProtocolHandler.java?rev=122627&view=auto

So I want to know what all of you guys are thinking about this
ProtocolHandler interface, and to improve its usability.

If most of protocols are OK with simple request-response-close
connection model, it would be also possible to provide two difference
interfaces, ProtocolHandler (simple one) and AdvancedProtocolHandler
which extends ProtocolHandler and provides full event handler methods
like the current revision of ProtocolHandler.

If is absolutely OK if you can suggest me totally different and better
interface of course.

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/