directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [VOTE] Directory project releases II
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 02:38:22 GMT
Hello again,

It looks like lots of people are away and we're going to have to wait
for some clarification on whether or not we can release kerberos, eve,
janus, and seda as is or change their names.  So in the mean time I
think we can separately release the following:

ldap (0.8)
  - common LDAP libraries
  -
http://incubator.apache.org/directory/subprojects/directory-ldap/index.html

naming (0.8)
  - a lightweight, in-memory JNDI service provider
  -
http://incubator.apache.org/directory/subprojects/directory-naming/index.html

asn1 (0.2)  [previously called snickers]
  - high performance non-blocking replacement for the Snacc4J runtime
(ASN.1 runtime)
  - http://incubator.apache.org/directory/subprojects/asn1/index.html

Note:

Snickers has been renamed to the Apache ASN.1 project.  ASN, ASN.1, "ASN
One" all are not trademarked.  The website has been updated as well as
all the code within the directory project that depends on this code.
Package names have been changed as well.  There is no trace of Snickers
anymore.

[ ] +1 Approve the request to release
[ ] -1 Reject the request to release
[ ] +0 Abstain