directory-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [release] For those on vacation
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:04:09 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:
> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If anyone is on vacation and needs someone else to handle the release
>> of their respective artifacts let me know.
>>
>> Alex
>

> I am on vacation, which means I have time to work on the release ;-)
>
> I need to complete the source reorg -- in progress now -- and a little
> more xdocs stuff. Should finish today. I need Brett (or Hen) to confirm
> that the changes that I (maybe prematurely) committed to the
> XmlConfigurator are OK. I could also use some help on the web site
> integration and docs packaging once I rearrange the sources (in next
> hour or so this will be committed).

Now complete. I could use some help getting the web site navigation to
work correctly and reviewing the recent changes.  I have committed
everything and the docs are minimal but OK, I think.  I am having
difficulty getting the navigation to work right, however; both within
[naming] so the subprojects can be linked in the left nav and from the
subprojects table, and integrated with the main site.  I will work on
this some more later today, but any help / comments on recent commits
would be appreciated.

> As far as release packages go, since we will be releasing 5 (or 6?)
> [naming] artifacts, the simplest approach would be to use maven's dist
> goal on each of the subprojects.  That would result, however, in 20+
> release archives plus keys, md5's etc.  Since the files will be small,
> wouldn't it be better to just bundle them into a one source and one
> binary dist?  How are the other subprojects handling this?

Any comments on this ^^^^^ ?

thx,

Phil