directory-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [release] For those on vacation
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2004 19:46:36 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If anyone is on vacation and needs someone else to handle the release of
> their respective artifacts let me know.
>
> Alex

I am on vacation, which means I have time to work on the release ;-)

I need to complete the source reorg -- in progress now -- and a little
more xdocs stuff. Should finish today. I need Brett (or Hen) to confirm
that the changes that I (maybe prematurely) committed to the
XmlConfigurator are OK. I could also use some help on the web site
integration and docs packaging once I rearrange the sources (in next
hour or so this will be committed).

As far as release packages go, since we will be releasing 5 (or 6?)
[naming] artifacts, the simplest approach would be to use maven's dist
goal on each of the subprojects.  That would result, however, in 20+
release archives plus keys, md5's etc.  Since the files will be small,
wouldn't it be better to just bundle them into a one source and one
binary dist?  How are the other subprojects handling this?

Phil