directory-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [naming] svn keyword expansion
Date Fri, 24 Dec 2004 23:08:38 GMT
Thanks! See interspersed.

Robert M.Zigweid wrote:
> Firstly, on recent versions of SVN, Rev is a legitimate alias of
> LastChangedRevision (or similar), as is Revision.

That's what the docs say, but $Revision$ is not being expanded.  When I
do "svn propget svn:keywords" on individual source files, I get just
"Rev" as the response. I get an empty response for directories or
non-java files.  Could be someone executed the propset below with just
"Rev" included?

> Secondly, it won't matter if the keyword is attached to directories.
>
> Thirdly, you don't want it to just apply to .java files anyway, usually,
> though that technique would work for just hitting those files.

I agree, but those are the only files in [naming] that include the
keywords that need to be expanded.

Thanks for the info.

Phil