directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r123114 - in incubator/directory: eve/trunk/core/src/java/org/apache/eve/jndi/ibs ldap/trunk/common/src/java/org/apache/ldap/common/util ldap/trunk/common/src/test/org/apache/ldap/common/util
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:28:58 GMT
erodriguez@apache.org wrote:

>+      date.setTimeZone( new SimpleTimeZone(0,"Z") );

Is this just getting GMT? I would speculate (though have never tested
whether it performs any differently), that TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT")
would be better, and is at least more readable.
I also believe it to be immutable, so you can use it a static instance
rather than recreate it each time.

Cheers,
Brett