directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <erodrig...@apache.org>
Subject kerberos seda question
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:34:20 GMT
Kerberos is now working with SEDA over UDP.  I just checked in a bugfix
to snickers that was the final block there.

TCP still doesn't work, though the fix is pretty straightforward, but I
a have a question about the best way to implement it.  TCP payloads are
prepended with the 4-byte total length of the PDU.  This isn't on the
UDP payload, so it goes through snickers just fine.  It is there in TCP,
but I don't really care about it, and the result is decoding breaks in
snickers.

So, I'm wondering:

(a) where should I strip that value prior to decoding?  Is it really the
responsibility of a protocol implementor?  What is the LDAP protocol
doing (I'll look tomorrow aka later today)?

(b) how can I tell whether to strip?  Is there a way to tell if a BB
came in on TCP vs UDP?

UDP is by far the primary target for Kerberos, but TCP will be nice to have.

Thanks.

-enrique

PS  One note on building now.  The fixes Trustin and I checked in
require the rebuild of snickers-ber and seda jars, which aren't in the
remote maven repo yet.  You'll need to up, build, and install them
locally and run maven locally with 'maven -o javaapp' until we get them
updated remotely.