directory-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: [mina] Current status
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:56:16 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I added/applied bunch of features and fixes to MINA today.  This post
>summarizes them.

<snip/>

>2. There is no need to explicitly start/stop I/O threads.
>
>I/O threads starts when there are any channels to handle, and they
>stops when there are no channels to do.  So convenient, eh? :)
>

>Now I'll implement thread-pool which is IoHandlerFilter and
>ProtocolHandlerFilter sooner or later.  If once done, we could
>benchmark and profile MINA with lots of clients and tune her.
>Actually I don't have much experience with benchmarking massively by
>myself.  Is there anyone who can help me?  I need some URLs of tools
>and articles about it.

Trustin, I highly recommend using Doug Lea's Concurrent library to
create the
threadpool.  He has a PooledExecutor that already is works and is debugged.
No sense in reinventing the wheel when someone else has done it quite well.
(In fact, except for the package names, that library became JSR 166 which is
part of Java 5).

If you need info on how to include it as part of a Maven build,  Check
out the
Maven build script for sedang.

--

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better
idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,