directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [eve] site updated
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 02:14:14 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:

>Is there any other way we can do this than committing every file to cvs? that
>was a LOT of commits! cvs import perhaps?

I don't think its that we were committing on every file that made the
notifications go out.  It was the directory adds that do it in CVS.
Every time you add a new directory under an existing cvs controlled
directory it sends out the notification.

It was a PITA indeed.  I couldn't really import it since it already
overlaps existing folder structures.  So there's no single clean root to
import.  Perhaps there's a better way but I'm unaware of one.  We just
need to get the site into subversion.  Then its way easier because an
'add' sort of acts like a mini import.  CVS has gotta go.

If you know of a better way let me know.

Alex