directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: jira - naming
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 04:12:17 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Henri Yandell wrote:
>
>> Looking in Jira, I'm a directory-developer, but I don't seem to have
>> access to the administrator section, which I would usually use for
>> creating a new version and releases (ie naming 1.0). Anyone know what
>> the plan is with the Apache Jira installation with respects to
>> administrative rights?
>>
> I guess we could make you a directory admin that should allow you to
> administry naming and others.  I have no clue what infra plans to do
> sorry Hen.

I just added you to the directory-administrators group.  I figure both
you and Phil are the Naming leads so you might as well have admin access
to directory.  But I don't recommend doing this for all committers since
it can get out of control.

My approach has been to give project leads directory-administrator
privledges.  They need it to manage their projects under the directory
umbrella.  That means anywhere from 4-6 people might have this access.
I think this is enough for an admin to be available and intervene when
someone needs help beyond their means.

Alex