directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Getting a sense of the subproject structure
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:31:56 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>

>>> I'm not entirely sure on your proposal, but have no issue with the
>>> general
>>> idea of organizing the project structure to be understandable.
>>>

>> +1
>>
>> Please feel free to run with this right after we get this release out
>> of the door.
>> Alex
>>

> For the new stuff that Trustin and I are working on, can I go ahead
> and set up
> those projects--with the intent that we will migrate to them after the
> release?

Oh yeah any new stuff can proceed.  I just want to take care not to
change existing directory structures.  Let's go ahead and pull mina and
the new seda out of branches into the directory level.  Call MINA mina,
and your seda seda2 or something.

> I'll handle it in this manner:
>
> * Add a text file describing the contents of the project and how it
> relates to the big picture

great!

> * Create new stuff in the new place
> * Add a text file to stuff that is proposed to move so that we have
> notes on where things will end up
> * Wait until the release is made before trying to move the pieces that
> make up that release
>
> NOTE: It looks like I might have to look into creating a package for
> the AAA projects
>
> This way we all know what the planned changes are before the changes
> actually happen.
> If anyone disagrees with a change there should be plenty of time to
> voice their concerns
> before it happens.

ok

> I'll assume lazy consensus on this--but I am going home for the rest
> of the day.  I feel like crap,
> and I need to get my energy up for my wife's company Christmas party.
> I won't start with anything
> here until Monday.

Ha! I just had a Redbull to keep on going.

Alex