directory-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <>
Subject Re: Getting a sense of the subproject structure
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:14:13 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:

>> I'm not entirely sure on your proposal, but have no issue with the
>> general
>> idea of organizing the project structure to be understandable.
> +1
> Please feel free to run with this right after we get this release out
> of the door.
> Alex

For the new stuff that Trustin and I are working on, can I go ahead and
set up
those projects--with the intent that we will migrate to them after the
I'll handle it in this manner:

* Add a text file describing the contents of the project and how it
relates to the big picture
* Create new stuff in the new place
* Add a text file to stuff that is proposed to move so that we have
notes on where things will end up
* Wait until the release is made before trying to move the pieces that
make up that release

NOTE: It looks like I might have to look into creating a package for the
AAA projects

This way we all know what the planned changes are before the changes
actually happen.
If anyone disagrees with a change there should be plenty of time to
voice their concerns
before it happens.

I'll assume lazy consensus on this--but I am going home for the rest of
the day.  I feel like crap,
and I need to get my energy up for my wife's company Christmas party.  I
won't start with anything
here until Monday.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better
idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,
the Universe is winning."
                - Rich Cook

View raw message