directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: issues with the recent build changes
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 01:19:23 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Brett Porter wrote:

<snip/>

>> The other thing was the names of subdirectories in projects. In eve,
>> there is
>> main
>> plugin (renamed from maven-eve-plugin)
>> shared
>>
>> These don't match the artifactId of the projects they contain, which
>> introduced
>> the need for a module.name property to be able to reference them
>> correctly.
>> Is this necessary? It would be nice to name subdirectories
>> consistently with the
>> artifactId.
>>

> Ok I just liked the shorter names plus there was an eve directory
> which matches the working directory eve creates by default.  I will
> revert this back so we're inline with Maven.  I have the feeling this
> will save us some work later somewhere.

I was just thinking... Subprojects like snickers and eve which generate
more than one jar prefixes the project name to the name of the
artifacts.  Like the artifactId may be snickers-ber but the project has
a ber directory for the maven project underneath.  Then what do I do for
things like eve/trunk/eve which I have created to build the final full
executable jar with all deps inside? Should it be eve-eve or just plain
old eve for the artifactId.  BTW I renamed 'eve' to 'main' but still
produce an eve-0.8.0-.... from it.

If the name of the directory from the artifact is off anywhay what
difference does it make?

Alex