directory-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: [seda] A preview on redesigned SEDA (or Netty?)
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:53:24 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

>> I was thinking that the ProtocolHandler wrapper doesn't really care
>> how things
>> are going under the scenes, but if they wanted they could have a
>> simple way of
>> adjusting it.
>>
>> For example, the SEDAServer is pretty much hard-coded in the sense that
>> the pipelines are set up.  You can adjust things in this manner:
>>
> This is similar to the SEDA of today.

With the obvious exception of the working Firewall :)  I just finished
the Firewall,
and I am on to fleshing out the Reader/Writer stuff, and the ProtocolHandler
integration will be next.

Then of course is wiring stuff together and picking what ThreadPolicy
works best.
Of course that may differe depending on the load.  Its starting to take
shape.

--

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better
idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,