directory-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: [seda] A preview on redesigned SEDA (or Netty?)
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:20:22 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I implemented protocol layer and here is a new example which uses it:
>
>http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/seda/branches/trustin/src/examples/org/apache/mina/examples/reverser/
>
>It is a server which reverses all text lines client sends and reply back.
>
>I want to know how you guys feel this API, so please leave some
>comments here! :)
>
>BTW I decided to name this new API as 'MINA'.  MINA means 'A
>Multipurpose Infrastructure for Network Applications', 'South' in
>Japanese, or just a girl's name.  HDYT?

The process of setting up the system is not too different from my
thoughts on it.
I'm sure the internals are going to be very different from our two
thought processes.
You had a head start on mina, so you got it done sooner :).  Anyway, I
haven't
really looked into the internals yet.  Does it use the ProtocolHandler
interface that
the old SEDA system did?  That is one of the goals I have.

I'd like to see the difference in how these perform as well as how easy
it is to work
with.  If it looks like mina is easier to work with and seda is more
scalable, we might
look at merging some concepts.

--

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better
idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,