directory-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [gump] Any one interested in helping us integrate into Gump?
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:50:12 GMT
Thanks Niclas - just what I was after. I'll take a pass at this tomorrow.
Some responses inline:

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>On Wednesday 08 December 2004 06:40, Brett Porter wrote:
>

>>I didn't think it was any different, but you can run
>>maven plugin:download -DgroupId=maven -DartifactId=maven-gump-plugin
>>-Dversion=1.4 to get the latest.
>>
>>If that's still not giving you what you want, let me know.
>>

>Ok, I made a test run in the eve/trunk/dib directory. here is the result, with
>my comments;
>
><module name="eve-dib">
>  <description>Eve's directory information base</description>
>  <url href="http://incubator.apache.org/directory">
>  </url>
>  <cvs repository="">
>  </cvs>
>I think it should be able to figure this out, i.e. if it is SVN, how to pull
>out the repository, and use the <svn> tag.

ok, I'll take a look.

>  <project name="eve-dib">
>    <maven goal="jar">
>      <property name="final.name" value="eve-dib-@@DATE@@">
>I though the property was "maven.final.name" ?

this might be a left over from the ant declaration. Will do.

>      </property>
>    </maven>
>    <package>org.apache.eve</package>
>    <depend project="antlr.runtime">
>where does it get this from? the dependency is "antlr"...

I think this is like below...

>    </depend>
>    <depend project="incubator-directory">
>there is no project with this name and no dependency declared on it.

That one's odd - will take a look.

>    </depend>
>    <depend project="jakarta-ant">
>    </depend>
>    <depend project="jakarta-oro">
>    </depend>
>    <depend project="jakarta-regexp">
>    </depend>
>Again, Maven is trying to be smart. the declarations in the POM is ant, oro
>and regexp, yet it does the substitutions. Why? And if these names are used,
>Maven will complain about missing dependencies (or are these hardcoded
>somehow?).

The gump plugin has some hardcoded mappings that have changed since they
were set up. I'm going to take these out and let projects do it
themselves where necessary.

>    <work nested="target/classes">
>    </work>
>
>I think you need a <mkdir dir= for each work directory, since non-existing
>directories seems to be discarded from the classpath. (Not sure if this
>applies to Maven as it does to Ant, but it doesn't hurt.)

I doubt this affects Maven as target/classes is added to the classpath
much later.
I thought there was talk of removing mkdir, and I'd prefer to omit it if
not needed.

>    <home nested="target">
>    </home>
>    <jar name="eve-dib-@@DATE@@.jar">
>    </jar>
>I would set the home = the basedir, and put "target" into the jar name.

ok

>Also, IMHO, multiproject creations should be supported. That introduces a new
>set of requirements.

>and <work> elements. And there is no problem using multilevel deep basedirs.

Ok, only learnt gump had this capability today :) Definitely want to do
this. I'll look at the directory-naming descriptor as an example.

>I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Brett