directory-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: [gump] Any one interested in helping us integrate into Gump?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:52:52 GMT
Tencé, Vincent wrote:

>I'm starting to understand. One question though: what does it mean for a
>project to "be in Gump"? It is enough to have a gump descriptor or is it
>more than that?

It's having a project descriptor for gump so that its resources are
built, and it is checked
against all dependencies.  That way we have an early warning if one of
our dependencies
changes an API we are depending on.  Also, we can find out if we, as a
dependency,
are breaking other people's builds.

It also helps you see just how many dependencies you have.

--

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better
idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,