directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Binaries
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:46:41 GMT
Martin Wegner wrote:

>Any ETA on when we can get a binary distribution?  Those of us without the
>time/energy/brain power to wrestle with Maven would still like to
>contribute.

Hi Martin,

It looks like another week or two before we can do a release properly.
We do build and deploy jars to our own private maven repository though.

We generate jars here a couple times a day into the temp maven repo:

http://cvs.apache.org/repository

The eve stuff goes into:

incubator-directory/jars

or just look at the executable jar here:

http://cvs.apache.org/repository/incubator-directory/jars/eve-SNAPSHOT.jar

Be forewarned, this is NOT a released jar or a distributions.  It's a
byproduct of the build when ever it may have happened.  I do not
recommend using it in any production system and if you do its at your
own risk.

BTW the eve executable jar can be used like so:

java -jar eve-SNAPSHOT.jar

The server can also be embedded and used as a JNDI provider like so:

        Hashtable env = *new* Hashtable();
        env.put( Context.PROVIDER_URL, *"ou=system"* );
        env.put( Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, *"uid=admin,ou=system"* );
        env.put( Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, *"secret"* );
        env.put( Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, *"simple"* );
        env.put( Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, *"org.apache.eve.jndi.EveContextFactory"*
);
        InitialDirContext *ctx = new* InitialDirContext( env ) );

Cheers,
Alex