directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Authentication out of the box
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 06:35:56 GMT
Mark Swanson wrote:

>On December 5, 2004 11:00 pm, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>

>>Ok that makes my life much easier actually.  Plus the logic to do this
>>is cluttering things up.  It's messy stuff.  Perhaps the best thing to
>>do is keep it simple as you suggest.  I will do that.
>>

>I believe it. Simple and explicit is good; thank you for taking this approach.
>

>>Now for the admin password on startup what should that be.  Should we
>>just use secret as the default initial admin password always?  I think
>>that would be simplest.
>>

>Whatever... "Alex" if you like. Heh heh...

This is fixed now to be really simple.  Take a look at the commit
comments here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=109953&view=rev

Btw it would be nice if we just create JIRAs for all issues, tasks and
bugs.  Let's use the list to shoot the sht and talk about how to deal
with complex stuff that leads to more JIRAs.  cool?  If I had JIRAs to
this I can attach the revision number for when it was fixed to it.
Looks nice like for example here in the last comment:

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/DIREVE-101

Cheers,
Alex

P.S. Do me a favor and confirm fixes (I'm paranoid). Thanks.