directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: kmail LPAREN instead of OR
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 21:48:32 GMT
Mark Swanson wrote:

>On December 5, 2004 4:27 pm, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>

>>Mark Swanson wrote:

>>>Cool.
>>>I tried to view via kmail and I no longer get an error. However, I seem to
>>>be unable to insert
>>>

>>You mean add I presume? Or are you modifying an entry by inserting an
>>attribute?
>>

>Heh. Sorry. I am unable to add an entry.
>

>>>as I switched over to my new Schema (I'm guessing that's why
>>>code that inserts fine into openldap doesn't insert into eve).
>>>

>>Sorry I'm confused loosing you even further here.  So you were able to
>>install your own schema?
>>

>My bad again. I use Eve until I hit a roadblock, then I switch back to
>openldap so I can still make progress. My latest codebase uses my own schema.
>This schema has been installed in openldap and works fine. I would like to be
>able to use this schema with eve so I can switch away from openldap and test
>eve some more.
>

>>>Any possibility of using my own schema or should I back out to
>>>inetOrgPerson for now?
>>>

>>Sure you can but I'd like to understand this problem better.  Could you
>>clarify please?
>>

>Hopefully that helped. Essentially I want to create a big schema capable of
>holding all of the person-like attributes defined in
>Microsoft/Mozilla/Evolution/etc.. applications.
>
>Cheers.

Ahh ok!  Looks like we need to get you're schema setup as a custom
schema to pull into the server on startup.  I have not done this yet but
it should be cake.  The other approaches like using the maven plugin and
integrating it into the distro are for bootstrap schemas and should be
done with care but we disregarded that and are throwing the whole
kitchen sink at it I guess.

Temporarily for now until we correct these issues and formalize a means
to include custom schemas (I think I may have done it already though
hmmm) then document it I can add it as a system schema which comes out
of the box.  I'll remove it once we correct these issues.  So do me a
favor and just create a new issue to add your schema.  Attach your
schema to the JIRA (do not cut and paste into comments) I will include
this into the build (takes 2 seconds).

BTW your schema file should be in OpenLDAP syntax.

Thanks,
Alex