directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: A friend asked...
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 19:53:14 GMT
Mark Swanson wrote:

>On December 3, 2004 12:23 pm, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>A friend who knows more about LDAP than me asked;
>>
>>"Active Directory and Unix [no clarification given] uses different schemas
>>for user management. Will the Apache Directory project address this issue,
>>and somehow unify them into a single view?"
>>
>>My assumption was; Yes.
>>No I am curious; How?  and What will be needed for that to happen?
>>

>LDAP views like this aren't supported yet. It's being worked on.
>
>Cheers.

Yeah Mark is totally right.

Let me add to that by saying eventually we can get to a point where Eve
can behave like any flavor or proxy other servers presenting them as
another other flavor.  These are all part of the view services we
eventually would like to see.  We have the infrastructure in place with
interceptors and JNDI protocol handlers for proxies but have not started
building on it just yet.

Hope that answers the question.

    -Alex