directory-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: compile error (Missing JavaSchema.java, others...)
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:24:15 GMT
Mark Swanson wrote:

>On November 30, 2004 11:49 pm, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>

>>No worries these are ok warning.  Do me a favor and svn up your code.  I
>>figure until I apply the patch (which I had a couple problems with)
>>

>Really? did svn create a broken patch?
>

>>you're using jdk1.4 for now.  But after the svn up just remove your
>>entire ~/.maven directory.  I think you might have some stale stuff in
>>there.  Trustin just built fine and had this same problem - it cleared
>>up after blowing away ~/.maven.
>>
>>Let me know if this works out.
>>Alex
>>

>I blew away ~/.maven, did a maven clean, and the build still shows all of the
>same errors with EveSchema,CoreSchema,etc...
>Maybe I should just give up with Java 5 and try with jdk1.4 later.
>
>Cheers.

Is everything set up to tell the compiler that the sourcecode is 1.4?  I
think the proper property
is this:

maven.compile.source=1.4
maven.compile.target=1.4

Add that to all your project.properties should make everything compile
properly--even if you have Java 1.5.

Question:  what version of Java5 do you have?  Is it a final release or
one of the betas?

--

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better
idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,