directory-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Slocinski <msloc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Complete JavaDoc is ready.
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:40:54 GMT
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:39:09 +0900, Trustin Lee <trustin@gmail.com> wrote:

> > It would be nice to have VM transport organized in standard-MINA way,
> > currently I'm thinking about a proxy that would be able to forward
> > request to network services behind it and one of them could be located
> > on same machine and even running in same VM. Services could be
> > different ones, but could be also same service which is distributed
> > for scalability reasons, proxy would be able to distribute requests
> > basing on current load of all known redundant services behind it and
> > even discover some new services which appeared during it's running.
> > I think it would make sens, but I don't have also clear vision which
> > way would be the best to implement such communication :-)
>
> I implemented it as you requested.  HDYT? :)

great :-) It looks quite good to me, it would be perfect if
VmPipeAcceptor and VmPipeConnector both implemented common interfaces
(Acceptor and Connector respectively). As far as I can see at the
moment, the main problem to do this is that you want to avoid need of
decoding/encoding messages in intra-VM communication as it can be
extremely expensive in this scenario by putting intra-VM communication
on higher than IO level.
I cannot propose any solution at this moment because I'm still not
enough familiar with MINA, probbably deeper changes in the core would
be needed to solve that or maybe it is not so hard as I think right
now :-) I need to have clear understanding how MINA works, maybe I'll
be able to propose something.

--
best regards,
Michal