directory-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Slocinski <msloc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Complete JavaDoc is ready.
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:05:52 GMT
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:26:43 +0900, Trustin Lee <trustin@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems like that you didn't flush your browser cache.  Could you
> flush and retry?

actually I did it at first time, but even now in another browser there
is still old version :]

> > Other one - do you have already concept how to organize VM transport in MINA?
>
> No, not yet.  VM transport type is removed for now.  The 'VM
> transport' idea is came out from my brain, but I'm not sure users will
> actually need that feature.  They could just use other frameworks like
> Spring and PicoContainer.  I want to know how users think about VM
> transport.

It would be nice to have VM transport organized in standard-MINA way,
currently I'm thinking about a proxy that would be able to forward
request to network services behind it and one of them could be located
on same machine and even running in same VM. Services could be
different ones, but could be also same service which is distributed
for scalability reasons, proxy would be able to distribute requests
basing on current load of all known redundant services behind it and
even discover some new services which appeared during it's running.
I think it would make sens, but I don't have also clear vision which
way would be the best to implement such communication :-)

> > Anyway, I played a little with MINA yesterday, it works well and
> > thanks to examples it's quite easy to catch major concept and
> > implement custom protocol, I would like to go some deeper, could you
> > give some links to external resources that describe approach you took
> > (if there are any besides of
> > http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/doc/pspdfs/lf.pdf)?
>
> Its main idea came from Netty: http://gleamynode.net/dev/projects/netty2/
> You can safely think Netty as a grandmother of MINA.  I developed MINA
> from scratch with lessons earned from Netty.
>
> Thank you for showing your interest in MINA, and please feel free to
> pointing out her weakness!

thanks for response, I would like to go deeper in it, but I'm afraid
it won't be possible during nearest weeks, although for sure I'll
track changes, read some docs and play with MINA :-)

best regards

Michal