directory-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Slocinski <msloc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Complete JavaDoc is ready.
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:24:45 GMT
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:45:03 +0900, Trustin Lee <trustin@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.apache.org/~trustin/mina/
>
> Please clear your browser cache in case your browser shows the old version.
>
> I carefully linked example source codes in JavaDocs to help users
> understand how to use MINA interfaces.
>
> Please tell me whenever there are any errors or unclear stuffs in
> documentation. :)

It really looks nice at this moment, but I don't know if it is fully
synchronized with sources (for example
org.apache.directory.mina.registry.TransportType doesn't exist in
source repository but it is still in JavaDoc), but this is probably
because of not executed build which is already scheduled.

I got other question - why MINA doesn't depend on Protocol interfaces?
Yesterday Alex wrote that Protocol is going to be common API for both
MINA and sedang frameworks. Protocol (currently 1.0.0-rc1) seems to be
quite stable at the moment so is this fit scheduled for later
releases?
Other one - do you have already concept how to organize VM transport in MINA?

Anyway, I played a little with MINA yesterday, it works well and
thanks to examples it's quite easy to catch major concept and
implement custom protocol, I would like to go some deeper, could you
give some links to external resources that describe approach you took
(if there are any besides of
http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/doc/pspdfs/lf.pdf)?

best regards

Michal