directory-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Slocinski <msloc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] I'm adding some documentation.
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:06:20 GMT
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:13:49 -0500, Alex Karasulu <aok123@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> Great questions!  I'm glad you came out and asked. Thanks!

I'm more than glad reading such solid reply! I'm sure some of these
words should appear on Directory project web page to prevent next
users confusions (or maybe this should be done by main MINA/SedaNG
developers). Anyway - your mail helped me a lot with understanding
what is going on in this project :-)

It would be also great to read about approaches and general ideas of
MINA/SedaNG implementations, in which situations each of them will be
better from another. I think it'll be hard to find new
developers/contributors from outside when they have to penetrate
sources to catch main ideas of each framework.

Main reason why I'm interested in SEDA/MINA/SedaNG is that I'm looking
for a really robust network application architecture that will be able
to handle big number of requests, generate same number of responses
and act as a proxy for some of requests. Protocol is RADIUS so it is
UDP based, that's why I'm asking about comparison of both approaches.
I have some free time next days so I'll try to study sources but it
would be greatly appreciated to read some words from both MINA/SedaNG
developers :-) I'll try to track also JIRA to see how far both of them
are in their roadmaps.

best regards to all Directory developers :-)

Michal