directory-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Wallace <rwall...@thewallacepack.net>
Subject Re: Monitor paper
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:11:59 GMT
Quoting Richard Wallace <rwallace@thewallacepack.net>:

> Richard Wallace wrote:
>> Hey
>
> Sorry about the blank email guys, my fingers are kinda outta control
> today I guess. =P
>
> I was wondering if you guys could point me to a good link on using the
> monitor pattern vs. regular logging.  From what I've seen in Eve I like
> it, but wanted to take a closer look.  I thought I saw a link up on the
> Eve Wiki or website not too long ago, but can't find it now.

Ok.  I found the original reference I think.  I googled for "leo sutic
monitor"
after finally remembering who wrote it and found it at
http://wiki.apache.org/avalon/AvalonNoLogging.

Some interesting points.  Especially when considering components that
are to be
embedded in other systems.  Anyone have any links to further information or is
this pretty much all there is to this concept right now?

Rich