directory-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Swanson <m...@ScheduleWorld.com>
Subject Re: Q: LookupFilter doesn't receive useful info
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:23:22 GMT

> >As for the use - several commercial LDAP providers support dynamic views -
> >which are needed to solve the largest pita LDAP problem in existence:
> > getting different email clients to play nice with each other's
> > addressbooks.
>
> Really which ones already do that.  I'd like to look into the mechanisms
> they use.

Sorry for the slow response. My inbox runeth over.

I did a google search and within a minute found one:

http://www.octetstring.com/solutions/AttributeTranslation.php

In my previous searches I found others too. It shouldn't be too hard.

NOTE: I personally am not interested in a script approach.

> >>I just think we need to be working with the same code and the same exact
> >>setup rig (directory tree and entries) in a branch where we can change
> >>Eve without impacting others.  I don't mind creating this branch.  Right
> >>at this moment focusing on this will just delay the release without
> >>really giving us results.  Poking around emails trying to guess what
> >>each of us is refering to will rob us of precious time which we could be
> >>using for other things.

Well, based on my bug reports it looks I'm the only tester who's really using
eve. Working with me on the interceptor/filter stuff may not be directly
related to what you want to do for the 0.8 release but at least you would
have someone hammering eve. IMHO the only way you can be sure you are
releasing a usable release is by knowing eve can take a good pounding.

Cheers.

--
Free SyncML-capable J2ME & J2SE replacement for Exchange and Outlook
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/