directory-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Swanson <m...@ScheduleWorld.com>
Subject Re: Q: LookupFilter doesn't receive useful info
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 04:17:48 GMT
On December 14, 2004 9:53 pm, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> I understand and will help you out.  I'm just coming back from that
> crash and still have some cleanup to do before the holidays kick may
> arse.  Just bear with me a little and keep looking at the code and
> experimenting with it.  BTW there is much more to this picture than
> first meets the eye.  Really it looks simple but its not.

I'm not going to be available for a good part of the holidays as well...

> - LookupFilters
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/eve/trunk/dib/src/jav
>a/org/apache/eve/jndi/ibs/LookupFilter.java?rev=111147&view=auto -
> SearchResultFilters
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/eve/trunk/dib/src/jav
>a/org/apache/eve/db/SearchResultFilter.java?rev=111147&view=markup -
> Interceptors
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/eve/trunk/dib/src/jav
>a/org/apache/eve/jndi/BaseInterceptor.java?rev=111147&view=auto
>
> Using a combination of these three kinds of components is probably what
> will be needed.  I don't know what you are doing that is creating the
> problem or if there are bugs in Eve.  I'm having trouble discerning this
> because you have the weirdest structure and use of LDAP I have ever seen

If you are referring to dc=home2,dc=mark why is that strange? I merely picked
something that was different from my other prod and qa environments. I could
have easily picked dc=foo,dc=bar...

?

As for the use - several commercial LDAP providers support dynamic views -
which are needed to solve the largest pita LDAP problem in existence: getting
different email clients to play nice with each other's addressbooks. IMHO
solving this problem will be one of the most important and far reaching
problems eve will ever address. (that and the 10x potential speed increase
over OpenLDAP via the embedded context).

> I just think we need to be working with the same code and the same exact
> setup rig (directory tree and entries) in a branch where we can change
> Eve without impacting others.  I don't mind creating this branch.  Right
> at this moment focusing on this will just delay the release without
> really giving us results.  Poking around emails trying to guess what
> each of us is refering to will rob us of precious time which we could be
> using for other things.

OK. I will put this on hold indefinately until 0.8 is released and you're
ready.
<rats/>

--
Free SyncML-capable J2ME & J2SE replacement for Exchange and Outlook
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/