directory-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Swanson <m...@ScheduleWorld.com>
Subject Q: LookupFilter doesn't receive useful info
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:59:17 GMT
Hello,

1. I notice that not matter what the baseDN I connect with the
LookupFilter.filter() Name is always empty. Why is that?

2. Why do the LookupFilter.filter() Attributes not reflect the lookup?

F.E.
ldapsearch -p 10389 -h lin -x -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -b
"ou=super,ou=contacts,uid=6760,dc=home2,dc=mark" -v -w secret "cn=a b"

I would expect the dn and/or the attributes to contain "ou=super" but neither
do. In fact, the search request "cn=a b" isn't even available. This means I'm
unable to filter based on a single thing the user used as a query/lookup
parameter...

Please advise.

Thank you.

--
Free SyncML-capable J2ME & J2SE replacement for Exchange and Outlook
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/