directory-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r111601 - /incubator/directory/kerberos/trunk/gump.xml
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2004 06:21:22 GMT
On Sunday 12 December 2004 11:07, Brett Porter wrote:

> Can you explain what you are doing here? I've not seen "property" or
> "id" in the docs.

And I am not entirely sure it works, or Steve have make some special
adjustments for the <ant> tag, just for Magic...

> I guess property is used to setup the override, but have no idea what id
> is used for.

Many projects produces more than one Jar, and those have a "id=" in the <jar>
element, and you can identify those elsewhere with id= or some places ids= .

> In that case, I assume it should actually be:
>
> <depend property="maven.jar.regexp" project="jakarta-regexp" />
>
> (valid XML probably is what has been causing you issues).

Oops :o)

> I'll update the generator and put these out again. Please let me know
> what manual changes you need to make so that I can keep the automated
> goal correct.

Although others have said that the build tool and the project shouldn't adjust
to Gump, I'm with you on this;

So, you will need 2 properties for each dependency. One for the "project" and
one for the "id" of the project, i.e. which Jar to reference. The maven
handler in Gump already uses the Override system in Maven, so I hoped to
verify whether one can do the above prior to asking you for the changes in
the Maven goal/plugin.  :o)
It may be that we need to hack the maven.py a little bit...

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.dpml.net       /