directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark Swanson <>
Subject Re: [eve] recent failures with search and add
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2004 05:15:11 GMT
Happy to hear you've fixed this so quickly. I noticed an incorrect exception 
thrown (I think) for the previous fix but I'll svn update and test everything 
in the morning and report back.


On December 11, 2004 11:56 pm, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hello Mark,
> This problem was due to the removal of constraint checks which were
> planed for the EveExceptionService that happens to be an Interceptor.
> Problem was I did not put this into the JIRA and lost track of it.  So
> unpredictable stuff like what you observed started to happen with most
> operations especially when combined after a failure resulted and was
> unannounced (reported as success).
> I have added the code to the exception interceptor and have also written
> a bunch of test cases to make sure operations succeed and fail when they
> should.  I hope this spares you somewhat.  I can't say I've caught all
> of the problems but I'll keep at it.  Now we know what was the issue
> though.
> Give her a whirl doing the usual things...
> - blow away ~/.maven/incubator-directory just to be on safe side
> - svn up everything
> - maven multiproject:install
> Hopefully we've beaten this and thanks for persevering!
> Cheers,
> Alex

Free SyncML-capable J2ME & J2SE replacement for Exchange and Outlook

View raw message