directory-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Swanson <m...@ScheduleWorld.com>
Subject Re: eve add failuer
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 04:41:22 GMT
On December 10, 2004 11:34 pm, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Mark Swanson wrote:
> >On December 10, 2004 11:26 pm, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> >>Ok I just added this entry just fine under dc=apache,dc=org with the
> >>configuration using eve.properties ...
> >
> >Yeah, it has always worked fine for me too. we are talking apples and
> >organges.
> >
> >Instead, try this dn:
> >>dn: cn=dd,cn=cc,cn=aa,cn=a b,dc=apache,dc=org
> >
> >It should fail, yet it does not.
>
> Yeah that's a pretty bad bug!  I've got it now and can focus on it.
> Gimme a lil bit to figure out what she's doing.

Very happy we are in sync.

I think it's affecting my java code in some way too in that I am
programatically walking the tree creating contexts as necessary for new users
but because exceptions aren't thrown (I think) my code winds up submitting
requests that may depend on contexts existing that don't. I'm trying to
determine if it's different and if it is I hope to get you a Java test case
shortly.

--
Free SyncML-capable J2ME & J2SE replacement for Exchange and Outlook
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/