directory-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [gump] Any one interested in helping us integrate into Gump?
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:55:06 GMT
On Wednesday 08 December 2004 03:23, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 December 2004 03:10, Tencé, Vincent wrote:
> > What is your suggestion? Should we maintain them wihtin directory and
> > move them over when we feel more confortable?
>
> I think that is a good idea, assuming Brett is a committer here :o) so that
> he and I can work out the glitches on the way. Gump takes a bit of trial
> and error to get this many projects working.

I have now added the 7 Gump descriptors;
  eve/trunk/gump.xml
  janus/trunk/gump.xml
  kerberos/trunk/gump.xml
  ldap/trunk/gump.xml
  naming/trunk/gump.xml
  snickers/trunk/gump.xml
  seda/trunk/gump.xml

NOTE: These are hand-edited, as I only got Maven 1.0 here and that doesn't
generate anything useful in respect of Gump descriptors.

As soon as Alex is done with his reshuffle, I will update the above files
accordingly, and thereafter enable their inclusion in the Gump build.

Gump starts out by reading the defined profile file, namely
  cvs:gump/profile/gump.xml
which has entries for all the modules, which in turn contains the projects.

So, the following lines will be added later in that file;
  <module
href="http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/naming/trunk/gump.xml"/>
  <module
href="http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/eve/trunk/gump.xml"/>
  <module
href="http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/janus/trunk/gump.xml"/>
  <module
href="http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/ldap/trunk/gump.xml"/>
  <module
href="http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/snickers/trunk/gump.xml"/>
  <module
href="http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/kerberos/trunk/gump.xml"/>
  <module
href="http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/seda/trunk/gump.xml"/>

which tells Gump where to find the Gump descriptors for the Directory
projects.

That is enough of overview for now...

Cheers
Niclas