directory-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Swanson <m...@ScheduleWorld.com>
Subject Re: auth howto?
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 05:37:29 GMT
On December 4, 2004 5:22 pm, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> For the security principal just make sure you use a DN to an entry that
> has a userPassword field.  Right now the password is not using hashes
> like md5 or crypt.  It's all clear text as a byte[].  We can change this
> and need to soon but not in this release.

OK. I have tried a few examples and have not been able to make this work. Am I
doing something simple incorrectly?

env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "ou=contacts,dc=test,dc=com");
env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "test1234");

contacts exists and has the 'userPassword' set to 'test1234'.

I am unable to get the initialcontext:
org.apache.ldap.common.message.BindRequestImpl@1b64e6a]
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClient.authenticate(LdapClient.java:272)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.connect(LdapCtx.java:2637)

Thanks for any pointers.

Cheers.

--
Free SyncML-capable J2ME & J2SE replacement for Exchange and Outlook
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/