directory-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Swanson <m...@ScheduleWorld.com>
Subject No Schema published?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 18:20:06 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to add a user with JXplorer and receive:
"Because there is no schema currently published by the directory, adding a new
entry is unavailable.".

I can try to add entries via ldapadd but that doesn't work as I don't know
what the bindDN/password is. Does anyone know what that would be?

(I tried uid=admin,ou=system password=secret but that didn't work)

When I try to start eve by specifying the eve/eve.properties that fails too
(and I can no longer connect if I do this)

eve.properties:
java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.eve.jndi.EveContextFactory
java.naming.security.authentication=simple
java.naming.security.principal=uid=admin,ou=system
java.naming.security.credentials=secret

#
# LDAP Provider Properties
#

#java.naming.ldap.attributes.binary=

#
# Eve Provider Properties
#

eve.wkdir=eve
eve.enable.anonymous=true

eve.net.ldap.port=10389
eve.net.ldaps.port=10636

Start eve via:java -jar eve/target/eve-SNAPSHOT.jar eve/eve.properties

Error: (no client causes this - eve prints this every 30 seconds or so. I am
unable to connect at all)

Eve: loading properties from eve/eve.properties
org.apache.ldap.common.exception.LdapAuthenticationException
        at
org.apache.eve.jndi.AuthenticationService.invoke(AuthenticationService.java:139)
        at
org.apache.eve.jndi.FailFastPipeline.invoke(FailFastPipeline.java:62)
        at
org.apache.eve.jndi.EveJndiProvider.invoke(EveJndiProvider.java:180)
        at $Proxy0.hasEntry(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.eve.jndi.EveContext.<init>(EveContext.java:103)
        at org.apache.eve.jndi.EveDirContext.<init>(EveDirContext.java:72)
        at org.apache.eve.jndi.EveLdapContext.<init>(EveLdapContext.java:58)
        at
org.apache.eve.jndi.EveJndiProvider.getLdapContext(EveJndiProvider.java:125)
        at
org.apache.eve.jndi.EveContextFactory.getInitialContext(EveContextFactory.java:278)
        at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
        at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
        at
javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.<init>(InitialDirContext.java:82)
        at org.apache.eve.EveMain.main(EveMain.java:84)
Eve: started in 1224 milliseconds

Thank you for any suggestions.

Cheers.

--
Free SyncML-capable J2ME & J2SE replacement for Exchange and Outlook
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/