directory-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Embedding Eve Was: To release or not to release?
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:35:36 GMT

Just to underline:

I want a JNDI server which gets its data from commons-config; and not just
use the JndiConfiguration part of commons-config (which I really need to
learn more about).

In effect, I want the Eve database to be based on a directory structure of
.properties files. Simple-JNDI does this, but it supports very little of
the JNDI API and I really don't want to reinvent the wheel.

It might be a bit stupid as I'm basically going to have:

Commons-config-as-database -> Eve/Directory Naming -> Jndi-Commons-Config

Advantages being the ability to switch to LDAP over time; and the global
nature of JNDI for configuration. IoC is okay in terms of passing a Config
class around, but I see no reason not to still back that Config with JNDI.

Hen