directory-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Embedding Eve Was: To release or not to release?
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:54:24 GMT

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Martin Wegner wrote:

>> We definitely have embeddability in mind.  The core stuff will be POJO
>> and we'll provide, or help with, wrappers for well-known containers.
>
> Great.  What I hope happens is that once Eve is working and is embeddable
> that the Jarkarta teams will start to think about moving configuration
> information from static XML/property files to Eve.  By doing so we would

Hope so, I want to kill simple-jndi, which is what I currently use as a
way to embed a JNDI server for local configuration. Though, a big part is
that it sits on top of static XML/property files.

What kind of files would you make for Eve? My todo list has: attach
commons-configuration to directory-naming, though I've no idea whether
it's workable. Does Eve have this stuff already?

Hen