directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject [seda] AbstractSubscriber
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:04:28 GMT
Hi,

AbstractSubscriber eases the implementation of Subscriber using
reflection.  Its side effect is that its inform(XXXEvent) methods must
be public.  It doesn't smell good because we can still invoke
inform(EventObject) directly.  We'd better choice one unified
inform(EventObject) or many inform(XXXEvent)s. and reflection is
somehow slower than static invocation using 'instanceof' operators.  I
think we have to clean this up.  Any ideas?

A single unified inform(EventObject) method would look better to users
of our managers (someone will want to extend SEDA somehow) and give
more control on event handling (such as common logic for all kinds of
events).  HDYT?
http://gleamynode.net/