directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Roman F" <rom...@fusemail.com>
Subject Maven build error for directory-naming core
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 00:49:29 GMT
I got the latest source for the naming subproject from Subversion and
executed "maven jar" in the core directory.  A test fails and the JAR step
never executes:

    [junit] Tests run: 10, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1.272 sec
    [junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContextTest
FAILED

Unfortunately, I'm new to Maven (and JUnit for that matter) and I don't
have time to learn them both so I can figure out this problem.  For the
moment I'm just using the classes unpacked (which works great!).  I'm
hoping one of the developers can figure it out.

Since you guys are interested in what end-users are doing, I'll tell you
what I'm up to.  My objective right now is to get a simple in-memory JNDI
provider that can hand out a JDBC DataSource for standalone java apps.  I
found a reference to your project at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/guide/jndi-howto.html

I would rather use Naming over the Sun filesystem provider because of the
XMLConfigurator.

So for now, I just need to get the core JAR built and that should meet the
immediate need.  After reading the recent threads on this list, I've been
thinking about a future project where Eve would come in handy.  I need to
design an authentication framework for web apps that meets some fairly
stringent industry requirements, and want to use an LDAP backend as the
data store.  The J2EE security model will not meet my needs, so I am
probably going to do something using Filters; perhaps using the
sourceforge SecurityFilter project.  I am hoping that Eve will be ready
for deployment when I get around to coding this project in the next few
months.

Thanks for keeping this project alive!

Roman

Consolidate your email!