directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [scm] Maven bug in 1.0.1 will break build
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 02:51:48 GMT
Hi all,

I avoided hitting a maven bug where inheritance of project.properties
from parents with POM inheritence is failing.  This causes the build to
fail because the maven.remote.repo property with the
http://cvs.apache.org/repository URL is not inherited and that's where
we keep our non-public dependencies.

So there are two options here:

1). revert back to 1.0
2). put the maven.remote.repo property into your build.properties

I advise doing #1 because well 1.0.1 does not have many bug fixes
relavent to this project and this bug

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1501

which is the one described above is well worse than the others that have
been fixed.  Plus copying your stuff to build.properties is a work
around that might introduce other problems.  I recommend just reverting
back to 1.0.  When this is fixed in 1.0.2 as Brett told me it will we
can jump to 1.0.2.

Alex