directory-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: [seda] How to get protocol providers to effect SEDA?
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:13:17 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Both Enrique and I were talking about how we can get SEDA to repond to
> connection handling needs of protocol providers.  There are specific
> instances in both the Kerberos provider and the LDAP provider where
> this needs to be done.  For example Enrique mentioned how black lists
> can be announced by the Kerberos server where SEDA enforces that.
> Right now my needs are a bit more immediate.  Namely I have a request
> handler for the Unbind request which basically needs to cleanup after
> the client.  The client can basically disconnect and SEDA will cleanup
> but this is a much more graceful means to disconnect.  It may have an
> impact later when things like outstanding requests need to be cleaned
> up.   To implement the UnbindHandler I was thinking of we can have the
> handler publish a DisconnectEvent on the EventRouter so SEDA can
> respond to this.
>
> We spoke about removing the event handler or adding other mechanisms
> for linking together stages like CoR.  Perhaps we want to keep the
> event router/bus for having things repond to events even though it is
> not used for in band SEDA communication.
> Thoughts? Volunteers to implement this?

Its generally the right course of action, although I am not sure how
quickly I could turn
something like that around.

--

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better
idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,