directory-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: Maven build error for directory-naming core
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:06:53 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
>> On Friday 26 November 2004 11:29, Phil Steitz wrote:
>>

>>> As far as I know, we cannot distribute the Sun jta and javamail
>>> jars, nor
>>> can ibibilo.  To build the factory component, these need to be
>>> downloaded
>>> and placed in the expected locations in the local maven repo.
>>>

>> IANAL, but I think you are allowed to re-distribute the Jars as being
>> part of a product, but not by themselves.
>> So what one could do is to create the product EveSupport, which
>> contains the named Jars in a Zip, and the build system downloads that
>> and put them into the Maven cache.
>>

> Now really? If this is the case that's great.  How do we verify this
> loophole?

That would imply that we could include the JARs with the final
distribution that is created,
but not hold them in our SVN or Ibiblio areas (where people could
download them without
agreeing to the license).

I don't recall but doesn't this particular loophole mean that the user
has to agree to the license
for the JavaMail, etc.?

--

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better
idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,